The Demons’ forward, Nathan Epps (10) rips a shot for the goal line trying to beat the Braves’ goaltender, Brody Poole. Epps and the Demons find themselves with their backs against the wall after dropping the first two games 5-2. Moore photo

WINCHESTER—The North Dundas Peewee Rep Demons had a pair of playoff games this past weekend as they travelled to Brockville for the UCMHL final against the Braves on Saturday and welcomed the Braves on Sunday night.

Braves 5 Demons 2

The North Dundas Peewee B Rep Demons welcomed the Brockville Braves to the Joel Steele Community Centre on Sun., March 8, for game two of the first-to-five-points in the UCMHL final. The Braves drew first blood with a 5-2 victory in game one as the Demons looked to even the series at two points each. 

The Braves picked up where they left off from game one as they opened the scoring at 7:25 taking a 1-0 lead. The Braves made it 2-0 at 12:50 and took a three-goal lead with just 53 seconds remaining in the opening frame. The Braves took a 3-0 lead into the second period. 

The Demons cut the deficit to two when Jay-Zeus Mbarushimana slapped one home from Josh Lafrance and Jake Weber at 10:26. The Demons made it  a one-goal game when Lafrance sniped one from Weber and Patrick Guy at 11:57 but trailed 3-2 heading into the third period. 

The Braves restored a two-goal lead at 2:42 and made it 5-2 at 11:31. The Demons had no answer as they dropped the decision 5-2 falling behind in the series four points to none. The Braves outshot the Demons 45-24. 

Braves 5 Demons 2

The North Dundas Peewee B Rep Demons travelled to the Brock Youth Arena on Sat., March 7, to take on the Brockville Braves in the UCMHL final. The Demons took out the South Stormont Selects in two games straight in their semifinal and had not lost in the 2020 playoffs. 

The Braves meanwhile, struggled against the Kemptville Royals but pulled off a four points to three semifinal win to make it to the final. 

The Braves opened the scoring at 8:49 of the first period and took a 1-0 lead into the second period. The Demons knotted the affair at one when Gavin Eikelboom ripped one home unassisted just 1:42 into the second period. 

The score didn’t stay tied for too long as the Braves scored just six seconds later taking a 2-1 lead. The Braves took the 2-1 lead into the third period. The Demons tied the game at two when Ryan Wilson slipped one to the back of the net unassisted at 4:51 of the third period. 

The Braves retook the lead at 8:47 and took a two-goal lead at 9:44. The Braves closed out the scoring at 10:40 and took game one 5-2.